• We will begin accepting Interdistrict Transfer requests for the 2020/21 school year on Monday, January 13, 2020
Step 2: Contact the school district in which you reside to obtain an approved Interdistrict Transfer Request Form (also know as an "Attendance Permit" or "Release") out of their district. This applies even if your child has never attended there before, as it is based on residence address and not enrollment.
If you live in the Murrieta District (to check, click on their map, here), you may access their Interdistrict Transfer Request Form online on their transfers webs page: https://www.murrieta.k12.ca.us/site/default.aspx?PageID=213. For all other districts, please visit their district offices to obtain the form.
Step 3: Most districts will mail their approved Interdistrict Transfer Request Form directly to us. If your district does not, please bring the original form signed by your district of residence (from Step 2) to the address at the bottom of this page and drop it off in the Transfers Bin at building 13.
Additional documents needed:
- If your child has an Individualized Education Program (IEP) and DOES NOT currently attend one of our schools, please also submit a copy of his or her most recent IEP, so that we may move forward with the review process
- 10th, 11th and 12th grade new requests must also submit a copy of their most recent 1) transcript, 2) attendance and 3) behavior reports to continue with the review process
Step 4: Wait to hear back from us. Transfer requests are subject to space availability. Unfortunately, we will only be able to approve your transfer request if there is sufficient space for new and/or returning transfer students at one of our schools in the grade and/or program requested. If approved, we will attempt to honor your requested school; however, we reserve the right to place students at any of our schools within the district.
Notifications will be sent via email or postal mail:
- For requests received up until 15 days before the start of school: As soon as possible and no later than 14 calendar days after receipt of the transfer request
- For requests received 15 days before the start of school and after: As soon as possible and no later than 30 calendar days after receipt of the transfer request
If your child is NOT currently enrolled in our district, he or she must attend your district of residence until you hear back from us. DO NOT disenroll your child from his or her current school in another district, unless you receive an approval from us to attend one of our schools.
For general updates, please check the Transfers Home Page periodically.