• Preschool Enrollment

    2023-2024 Preschool Enrollment Packet

    2023-24 Preschool Enrollment Packet - Espanol

    2022-23 Preschool Parent Roundtable

    A Workshop and Discussion Group for Parents and Caregivers of Children with Special Needs

    Preschool Virtual Parent Workshops for 23-24


    Learn more and apply for our Typical Peers program by downloading the brochure below for the school closest to you:


    Frequently Asked Questions

    I think my preschooler needs speech therapy or other special educational services. What should I do?
    The Temecula Valley Unified School District has an intake and assessment team which specializes in preschool-aged children. After an initial consultation appointment with you and your child, a assessment plan may be developed for your child in order to determine if he/she qualifies for special educational services (including speech therapy), according to state guidelines.

    What kind of programs are available for my preschooler?
    For children who qualify for special educational services (including speech therapy), Temecula Valley Unified School District currently operates a number of preschool programs. Our Special Day Classes currently operate at Helen Hunt Jackson Elementary School and Alamos Elementary School. Additionally, there are regional elementary school sites that have a speech therapy program for those preschoolers needing only speech therapy. After the appropriate assessment, placement in these specialized programs is determined by the Individualized Educational Program (IEP) team.  As a parent, you are a member of the IEP team that makes decisions regarding placement and services for your child. 

    Who do I contact regarding a speech therapy or special educational assessment for my preschool-aged child?
    Please contact the preschool clerk at Jackson Elementary School at 294-6811, ext 0. 

    We have just moved within your district’s boundaries and my child has a current IEP from another school district. Who do I contact regarding services and placement?
    Please contact the district’s special education office.

    My child already has a speech/language assessment completed by a private agency. They recommended speech therapy. What do I do?
    The school district will still need to complete its own assessment in order to determine if your preschooler meets state eligibility guidelines for special education services/speech therapy in the public schools. Please contact the intake clerk at Jackson Elementary School. The information from the private agency, combined with information we obtain from you and the assessment of your child will all be used in determining eligibility. A copy of the assessment report from the private agency is a very helpful part of this process, if it is available to you from the assessing agency. 

    How old does a child have to be to receive special educational/speech therapy services through this school district?
    The Temecula Valley Unified School District begins providing service to children at the age of three. If your child is younger than three and is receiving early intervention services through Inland Regional Center or RCOE Infant Circle, the process of transitioning services to the school district usually begins when the child is 2 years, 9 months of age. 

    My child is not yet three years old. Who can I contact regarding assessments and special educational services?
    Parents are encouraged to contact Riverside County Office of Education’s Infant Circle Program at (951) 826-7100 or Inland Regional Center at (909) 890-3000.

    My child is actually kindergarten-aged, but I have opted to keep him/her in preschool or he/she attends kindergarten at a private school. I believe he/she needs special educational services or speech therapy. Who do I contact?
    Please contact your home school (the school he/she would go to if attending public school kindergarten this year). That school’s assessment team will assist you in determining your child’s needs and eligibility for services.

    Do I need to fill out any paperwork?
    You will be asked to fill out and return some paperwork in order to make an initial appointment. Please contact the intake coordinator in order to determine which forms are appropriate for you and your child. Proof of school district residency will be required before the initial consultation meeting can be scheduled. If your child qualifies for special education/speech services, you will receive instructions on the registration process. Full registration (including proof of required immunizations) will be required before any sessions or classes can begin.