Degrees and Certifications:
Master of Education BS Psychology National Board Certified Teacher (MIddle Childhood Generalist) GATE Certified
8th Grade Math
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Unfortunately, the new Canvas system isn't yet working properly. As soon as that is up and running, that will be the main space for interaction and communication. Until then, we will be using Google meet and Google Classroom.
First, please be sure you (student) are signed into your school gmail account.
For today's class meeting, please go to meet.google.com and use the code: BVMSRWilliams
Please join our Google classroom by going to classroom.google.com and using the appropriate code noted below.
First period: xxip2bm
Second Period: yhdrhv5
Third Period: retcch2
Thank you for your patience as we all lean how this will all work online.
New to Class?
1) Sign in to Google with your school account
2) Make sure you can access your Clever account.
Go to the link above and login to Clever.
Email me if you are unable to access Clever.
3) Go to your Canvas account.
Go to the link above and access your Canvas account.
Please complete Module 1 by the end of the first week of school.
4) Get your Supplies.
Need Math Help?
There are LOTS of ways to get help. Here are 10 possible ideas
1) Go to our Online Textbooks. Find videos and tutorials to help you on every concept. Login through Clever or through the links below.
For Math 8 at MHEducation
For Accelerated 8 at Pearson/SAVVAS
2) Go to Google Classroom. Use your Google account login and password.
3) Go to KhanAcademy.com and login with your Google account.
4) Go to Quizlet.com and login with your Google account. Study and quiz yourself on the past and current chapter vocabulary.
5) Look over the Support Pages in your binder.
6) Check your work and solutions online with mine. Don’t just copy my work (I will know), but instead use my work to help you figure out the process. Then do the work on your own and compare it with my work. See links in Canvas
7) When we're back on campus, come in for help. I am happy to help! Come to Office Hours if we are learning online.
8) Get live free over-the-phone homework help Monday-Thursday from 6-9pm from Harvey Mudd College at 1-877-827-5462.
9) Go online to wolfram|alpha, purplemath prealgebra, purplemath algebra 1, virtualnerd, or other math help sites (see my list of helpful links).
10) Go to the Temecula Public Library for FREE tutoring! They have online tutoring too!
11) Go to DreamBox. Login through Clever and see if there is a lesson to help you.
12) Ask an older brother or sister for help. Or ask a high school neighbor who has recently taken algebra.
13) Ask your counselor for some names of high schoolers or call one of the high schools for a list of possible names (minimal costs).