6. Are there refunds of fees?

Posted by:


Canceled/Expired permits: Only if construction does not commence, as provided in Education Code § 17624 and Government Code § 65995. 

To obtain a refund, you must provide certification from the City/County that the project has been canceled.  

Pursuant to Education Code 17620(a)(5):
The District, may retain an amount not to exceed, in any fiscal year, three (3%) of the fees collected in that fiscal year for the reimbursement of administrative costs incurred in collecting the fee, up to a maximum of $631.50 per Certificate of Compliance, with an escalation every two years.  Board Approved May 10, 2022.

Refunds are issued to the original remitter/owner of funds.